What Are Traditional, Metal Braces?
Traditional, stainless steel, braces are made of brackets that are bonded to the front of your teeth. Each bracket has edges known as wings that metal or elastic bands can be tied. They hold the orthodontic wire in place. The brackets are available in different shapes and sizes (depending on the manufacturer).
Dr. Mansour and the team at Sunshine Orthodontics work with people of all ages in the Hudson Valley of NY! Many adults may feel self conscious about wearing braces, but nearly 25% of all orthodontic patients are now adults. Never feel uncomfortable for wanting to better your smile and your health!
- These metal brackets won’t stain or chip.
- Cost-effective option for kids, teens, & adults.
- Unique style! At each appointment, we fit new elastics around metal brackets that hold the wire in. The possibilities of color combinations are endless, which makes getting treatment more fun for kids!
- Metal can irritate gums and cheeks, at first.
- Traditional, metal brackets are very noticeable.
- Be careful about what you eat, especially things that can stick to the braces (such as caramel or gum). You also have to avoid eating hard foods, which can move or dislodge the brackets.
Shorten Your Treatment Timeline
AcceleDent® Aura is an FDA-cleared medical device that can be used along with fixed braces. When used for 20 minutes each day, AcceleDent can shorten your treatment timeline by up to 50%! AcceleDent works by producing gentle pulses that safely and gently speed up tooth movement. The lightweight, easy-to-use device has been clinically shown to accelerate orthodontic treatment and to decrease the discomfort associated with treatment.