Orthodontics is a dental specialization that found necessity due to the large number of people who suffer from common (and sometimes complicated) dental problems that can only be treated by a licensed orthodontist. Dr. Ahmed Mansour is an expert orthodontist in the 12401 area who, alongside the talented team at Sunshine Orthodontics, help to rectify these classic orthodontic conditions.
There is a specific way that teeth should be situated in a person’s mouth that encourages proper chewing, oral health, and personal comfort. This is referred to as a “bite” and it is incredibly rare for a person to be born with a perfect one. Dr. Mansour strives to help create an optimum bite for all of our patients!
The Most Common Orthodontic Conditions
Chances are, if you have visited an orthodontist in the 12401 area, you have been diagnosed with one of a few, specific conditions. But, what exactly do they mean? Here are the most common orthodontic conditions, explained:
- Underbite: The lower, front teeth protrude in front of the upper front teeth when shut.
- Overbite: Opposite of an underbite, the bottom front teeth sit in front of the top front teeth, when shut
- Crowding: This is exactly what it sounds like! Essentially, there is not enough room for teeth to sit appropriately on the jaw, so they settle very close to each other.
- Spaced Teeth: The opposite of crowding, this occurs when teeth sit too far away from each other.
- Openbite: When the teeth and the jaw do not meet. This can make chewing difficult and is often caused by childhood thumb sucking..
- Crossbite: Misalignment between upper and lower front teeth, upper and lower back teeth, or both. This can also make chewing difficult!
As an orthodontist in the 12401 area, Dr. Mansour and the team at Sunshine Orthodontics have witnessed and corrected countless patients displaying these conditions. The most common form of corrective treatment is braces. They don’t just help to align teeth, but can be used to help rectify conditions affecting the jaw, itself. Reaching out to an expert orthodontist in the 12401 area will not only help improve your quality of life, but will help you create the beautiful smile you have always wanted!
Contact us for a COMPLIMENATRY consultation!
(845) 853 – 8073
“Awesome place to go to!!! Great staff too!!! They are Amazing!!! Very satisfied customer!!!”
– Tita Jorge
Dr. Ahmed Mansour is an expert orthodontist in the 12401 area. If you have any questions for the Sunshine Orthodontics team pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces, and clear braces in the 12401 area, Kingston NY, Ulster County NY, Highland NY, New Paltz NY, Saugerties NY, Stone Ridge NY, Port Ewen NY, Woodstock NY, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Mansour, contact Sunshine Orthodontics at: (845) 853 – 8073