There’s no reason to be embarrassed about your smile if you feel as if your teeth are crooked or you have an under-bite/overbite because there are ways to fix it. An orthodontist can fix any misalignment or jaw problems. Dr. Ahmed Mansour and the team at Sunshine Orthodontics know what treatment would work best for you to get your smile in the perfect position.
An orthodontist can help straighten your teeth and improve your bite by fixing how your teeth fit together and how your jaw lines up. Orthodontist have further training than a regular dentist in order to fix these issues that individuals may have with their teeth and jaw.
Options in Treatment
- Braces: They can be made from metal, clear or ceramic material. By using brackets that are custom-made to fit your teeth and arch-wires that hold the brackets into place, your teeth will gradually move into the desired position.
- Invisalign: These are a series of plastic trays that are made from 3-D imaging technology to fit over your teeth. They are clear, comfortable and removable. However, they don’t fix the more severe orthodontic problems it’s more for straightening out your teeth.
- Headgear: Headgear or face-masks are used to fix the jaw alignment if you have a severe under-bite or overbite problem. It’s attached over your head and connects to your braces to gradually move the jaw line into the recommended position.
- Space Maintainers: They are used for younger patients when a baby tooth falls out sooner than expected or you’re missing an adult tooth. The space maintainers cover up the open space that the tooth left.
- Retainers: These are typically used after orthodontic treatment to ensure your teeth stay in its corrected position that Dr. Mansour has suggested for you.
With new orthodontic treatment appliances being made there are a number of ways to fix your teeth or jaw in a more discreet fashion. It’s important to see an orthodontist when you feel insecure about how your teeth look. Reach out to the team at Sunshine Orthodontics in the 12572 area/Rhinebeck NY if you are ready for a free consultation to see what can be done about your smile.
Dr. Ahmed Mansour and the team at Sunshine Orthodontics are experts in orthodontic care. If you have any questions pertaining to Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, braces and clear braces in 12572 zip code area, Dutchess County, NY, Rhinebeck, NY, Red Hook, NY, Hyde Park, NY, Milan, NY, Staatsburg, NY, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Mansour, contact Sunshine Orthodontics at: 845-876-5787.