Clear Ceramic Braces
What are Clear Ceramic Braces?
There are a number of options available for consumers to straighten misaligned or wrongly-angled teeth. One great option is ceramic braces, which are made of composite materials, ceramic alloys, and are very popular in the local Hudson Valley NY because they are transparent! They come in varying levels of transparency, so the ceramic brace is available in the natural color of your teeth or completely translucent.
Be discrete while you correct your teeth! Most adults in Dutchess County NY prefer ceramic braces because they are less noticeable than traditional, metal. In addition to the clear ceramic brackets, there are two types of brace wires (or ties) that can make them even less conspicuous. These ties can be clear elastic or white metal.
Advantages of Clear Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic braces are hardly noticeable and have cosmetic appeal.
- The ceramic brackets do not stain, but the clear elastic wires holding the brackets to your teeth are susceptible to staining. However, since these ties are changed usually every month, any staining is virtually unnoticeable.
Disadvantages of Clear Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic brackets are more expensive than metal brackets.
- The brackets are bigger than traditional metal braces (but this isn’t an issue for most patients).
- Because ceramic brackets can’t withstand as much pressure as metal brackets, ceramic braces are not recommended for people who need extensive treatment.
How Do They Work?
During a consultation, we will examine your teeth and determine the best treatment option for you. If you choose ceramic braces, we will work to plan the course of your treatment in a way that best suits your lifestyle.
To begin, a ceramic bracket will be attached to each misaligned tooth. Each bracket is customized to adjust the individual tooth to the prescribed location and angle. The bracket has a slot for the wire that will form an arch around the teeth. Using gentle pressure, the wire will move the teeth into the ideal positions. As with metal braces, it’s important to keep them clean. Otherwise, food and dirt buildup will stain the ceramic and maybe even your teeth.
Shorten Your Treatment Timeline
AcceleDent® Aura is an FDA-cleared medical device that can be used along with fixed braces. When used for 20 minutes each day, AcceleDent can shorten your treatment timeline by up to 50%! AcceleDent works by producing gentle pulses that safely and gently speed up tooth movement. The lightweight, easy-to-use device has been clinically shown to accelerate orthodontic treatment and to decrease the discomfort associated with treatment.