Clear Ceramic Braces in Wappingers Falls, NY for Adults and Teens
What are Clear Ceramic Braces?
There are now a number of options for consumers to straighten misaligned or wrongly angled teeth. One of the better options out there is using ceramic braces made of composite materials. Clear ceramic braces are made of ceramic alloys, and are incredibly popular since they are transparent! They come in varying levels of transparency so you have ceramic brace that can take on the natural color of the teeth or are thoroughly translucent to be called clear ceramic braces and they do not stain. Be discrete while you correct your teeth! Most adults prefer ceramic braces because they blend in with the natural color of the teeth and are less noticeable than metal. In addition to the clear ceramic brackets, there are two types of brace wires or ties that can make them even less conspicuous. The ties are made up of either clear elastic ties or white metal ties.
Advantages of Clear Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic braces are hardly noticeable and have cosmetic appeal.
- The ceramic brackets do not stain (but the clear elastic wires or ties holding the brackets to your teeth are susceptible to staining.) However, since these ties are changed usually every month, any staining is virtually unnoticeable.
Disadvantages of Clear Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic brackets are more expensive than metal brackets.
- The brackets are bigger than traditional metal braces but isn’t an issue for most patients.
- Because ceramic brackets can’t withstand as much pressure as metal brackets can, ceramic braces are not recommended for people who need extensive treatment.
How Do They Work?
During a consultation, an we will examine your teeth and determine the best solution for you. If you choose ceramic braces, we will work with you to plan the course of treatment that works best with you. When you get your braces, a ceramic bracket will be attached to each misaligned tooth. Each bracket is customized to adjust the tooth to the proper location and angle. The bracket has a slot for the wire that will form an arch around the teeth. Using gentle pressure, the wire will move the teeth into the ideal positions. As with metal braces, it’s important to keep them clean. Otherwise, food and dirt buildup will stain the ceramic and maybe even your teeth.
Want to shorten your treatment timeline?
AcceleDent® Aura is an FDA-cleared medical device that can be used along with fixed braces. When used for 20 minutes each day, AcceleDent can shorten your treatment timeline by up to 50%! AcceleDent works by producing gentle pulses that safely and gently speed up tooth movement. The lightweight, easy-to-use device has been clinically shown to accelerate orthodontic treatment and to decrease the discomfort associated with treatment.